FREE VIRTUAL TRAINING
Spring Session: March 7, 2021 – May 15, 2021
Orientation: March 7, 2021, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Space is limited
Thank you for your interest.
Candidates successfully completing the program have the opportunity to help run a non-profit.
Experience the benefits
As an intern, you’ll gain valuable leadership and management skills by assisting the Events, Membership, and Outreach departments behind the scene!
Here are a few things that will give you the edge:
- Develop valuable leadership and management skills
- Professional and self-development
- Get trained in professionalism and job skills (e.g. professional phone calls, emails, etc.)
- Become experienced with various applications (e.g. Google Sheets, Google Forms, Google Docs, Dropbox, Canva, Wix, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Gain perspective and become a part of something bigger
- Meet different individuals of various backgrounds and make new friends
- Collaborate and work with people from other schools
- Enrich your college application and show colleges the leadership skills that you possess!
Many individuals of leadership are accepted into top colleges and UCs including UCLA, UCSD, UCB, Harvard, Yale, Cornell, Stanford, MIT, and more!
Once accepted into the Internship Program, you will undergo a week of Pre-Internship online training. You will be given an overview of HIM and be prepared for training under the Internship Crew.
The Internship Program Managers and Coordinators will provide you guidance and support to ensure your successful completion of the program.
95% of the training and work is done online via WorkPlace by Facebook, so it is essential that you can be online at least once a day.
All interns must attend the Internship Orientation which is held at the beginning of the Internship Program. You will meet the Internship Crew and fellow interns. This is typically the only face to face meeting you’ll need to attend. The orientation is usually held during the first weekend of the program.
- Acquire a HIM lanyard/name badge Order Form
- Be available online via WorkPlace by Facebook and check HIM groups on a daily basis
- Personal traits including taking initiative, leadership, organization, attention to detail, commitment
- Recruit new members
- Recruit volunteers when needed
- Attend “Active” events, unless excused or not needed
- Put time and energies into Heart in Motion
Attend Internship Orientation via Zoom Session
A Word from Our Leadership Team!
The internship program is one of the main factors that helped shape my freshman year, and it has had a big impact on who I am today. Through this program, I learned what it really means to be responsible and reliable, the true difference between by standing and taking action, and what it really takes to be a good leader. The specialists that taught me were thorough and knowledgeable, and some of them are even better at teaching than my current high school teachers. The tests the coordinators prepare us for are extremely challenging, and really make sure we know the criteria and protocols we were trained in. One of the most memorable components of joining internship, however, was the loving and accepting family that came with it. Not only did we have a swarm of fellow interns who helped each other through everything, but we had our superiors to look up to– people who we could rely on to be role models and to direct us in all the right places. Internship, bound tight with sweat and training, provided a place of security and familiarity– an anchor I really needed, coming into a huge high school full of new and intimidating people. This program has been an invaluable experience, and it, undoubtedly, will affect the way I live my life now and the person I am in the future.
~ Connie L, Lowell 2019