Heart in Motion strengthens communities through promoting volunteerism and leadership development in youth.
STEPHANIE DY JUANCO
Azusa Pacific University
SEAN DY JUANCO
UC San Diego
Board of Directors
SANDRA DY JUANCO
President, Executive Director
Heart in Motion
On Lok Lifeways
- To provide a pathway for local youth to engage with community needs
- To provide a safe environment for students from different neighborhoods to come together to create a positive impact
- To provide education and leadership training for youth, empowering them to make a difference in their community
- To provide local nonprofits and community events a source of trained, reliable, well-organized volunteers that can assist them in meeting their mission and fundraising objectives
- To provide the President’s Volunteer Service Award to our active members
Heart in Motion brings together Bay Area youth, inspiring neighborhood activism and cultivating a passion for community service. Its members come from schools throughout the area, who work together to transform community service from a duty to a rewarding labor of love by serving from their hearts. Working together, our members experience the transformative power and satisfaction of giving back to the community. We provide support to local nonprofits, neighborhood fairs, and athletic events that shine a positive light on our community while providing fundraising opportunities for local and national charities.
For those seeking to deepen their involvement, we offer a Leadership Program, which offers the opportunity to develop new skills in organizational management. We focus on developing character and nurturing officers’ potential, providing a foundation for their future endeavors. Through this rigorous program, interns and officers learn what it takes to be successful in their lives and how to create positive change in the world.
Founded in 2010, over 3200 students have been part of Heart in Motion. Collectively we have delivered over 103,751 hours of community service to nonprofits and community events. Our work makes us stronger individuals, builds a stronger community, and creates relationships that will last a lifetime.